- Recipients must be members in good standing of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) and CPS NL.
- Recipients must have practiced in Newfoundland and Labrador for a minimum of two years.
- Recipients must have graduated from an international medical school, outside of Canada, AND must not have completed a Canadian Residency Program.
Nomination deadline for 2020 award will be announced in January 2020.
Criteria (Must meet one or more of the criteria)
- Recipients must demonstrate distinguished leadership as members of the community, showing commitment above and beyond the usual responsibilities of a family physician.
- Recipients must be committed to quality patient care through their leadership, and demonstrate a unique ability to guide and inspire others.
- Recipients must build strong relationships that support a high level of trust and credibility.
- Recipients must work effectively with others to enhance various health-related priorities in their communities.
- Recipients must exhibit a strong commitment to enhancing the understanding and value of the role of family physicians in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Nominations are invited from CFPC members.
- Nominations are to be submitted to the NL College of Family Physicians office.
- The NL CFPC Board will identify the recipient of this award.
- Recipients will be invited to receive the award at the NL CFP Celebration of Family Medicine event.
- Recipients will receive two complimentary dinner tickets to attend the Celebration of Family Medicine.
- Recipients will receive complimentary registration to attend the NL CFP Family Medicine Conference.