Dear NL College Members:
Chapter Guidelines for the 2018 NL CFP Canada’s Family Physician of the Year Award
– The Reg L. Perkins Award
Recognizing family physicians who exemplify the best of what being a family doctor is all about
Deadline dates for 2020 Family Physician of the Year Award will be announced in January 2020.
The candidate must:
• Be a family physician CFPC member in good standing
• Provide exceptional care to their patients
• Make meaningful contributions to the health and well-being of their communities
• Dedicate themselves as researchers and educators of future generations of family doctors
• Exemplify the four principles of family medicine:
• Skilled clinician
• A resource to a practice population
• Recognize the central importance of the doctor-patient relationship
We ask that all supporting documentation accompany the nomination, such as: (as much information as you can provide would be best)
• Testimonials from patients, colleagues, and community leaders
• Published reports
• News clippings
• Letter from the nominator
• Photos, etc.
This award will be presented at our Celebration of Family Medicine event in 2020.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Nicole Stockley, MD, CCFP
President, NL CFP
Chair, Honours and Awards Committee