Dear NL College Members:
Chapter Guidelines for the NL CFP Canada’s Family Physician of the Year Award
– The Reg L. Perkins Award
Recognizing family physicians who exemplify the best of what being a family doctor is all about
Deadline date for 2023 Family Physician of the Year Award is April 21, 2023.
The candidate must:
• Be a family physician CFPC member in good standing
• Provide exceptional care to their patients
• Make meaningful contributions to the health and well-being of their communities
• Dedicate themselves as researchers and educators of future generations of family doctors
• Exemplify the four principles of family medicine:
• Skilled clinician
• A resource to a practice population
• Recognize the central importance of the doctor-patient relationship
We ask that all supporting documentation accompany the nomination, such as: (as much information as you can provide would be best)
• Testimonials from patients, colleagues, and community leaders
• Published reports
• News clippings
• Letter from the nominator
• Photos, etc.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Shelley Sullivan, MD, CCFP
Honorary Treasurer, NL CFP
Chair, Honours & Awards Committee