2021-2023 Strategic Plan
- Healthy People.
- Thriving communities.
- Inspired family physicians.
Enable family physicians through advocacy, leadership, research and education to engage their patients and communities to improve the health of all people in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Patient-centered care
- Social accountability
- Physician wellness
- Commitment to excellence
- Engaged communities
- Comprehensive family medicine
Be the trusted voice representing Family Medicine in NL
- Objective #1: Ensure continued growth of a robust and adaptive governance structure.
- Objective #2: Engage with family physicians, partners, and communities to improve primary health care.
- Objective #3: Be responsive to community and membership needs.delivery.
- Objective #4: Provide leadership in primary health care reform, including recruitment & retention.
Promote and demonstrate the value of the speciality of family medicine.
- Objective #1: Educate the public about the value of family physicians and strong primary care.
- Objective #2: Recognize contributions and achievements in family medicine.
- Objective #3: Identify and include underrepresented groups within the community of family medicine.
- Objective #4: Inform educational organizations and engage medical learners.
Coordinate the delviery of relevant CPD & leadership training through partnerships to support evolving member needs.
- Objective #1: Identify and connect educational opportunities to our members and communities that are reflective of their needs.
- Objective #2: Work synergistically with the CPD partners.
- Objective #3: Identify and promote leadership training and inspire early involvement.